[stylist] Sun-Sun-Sun Poem by Old Blind Mike

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Sun Aug 16 18:51:17 UTC 2015

Michael
What a comprehensive poem about all of the stages, meanings, abilities of our sun. As Debbie mentioned, it does take us from one stage to another while recognizing the mystery of it.
It really made me pay attention because just the night before, I listened to the documentary about Stephen Hawkins and his "Theory of Everything." It was a tear-jerker because of having to watch his slow deterioration from ALS. It was made even more interesting that while all of his discoveries led him to atheism, his wife was a Christian. They loved each other very much in spite of this difference. She recognized his brilliance in figuring out the physics, and was ultimately responsible for saving his life rather than giving up on him.
A digression. I thought your poem was of great interest, and I thank you for sharing your thoughts with all of us.

Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.
Time is the fire in which we burn.
Delmore Schwartz