[stylist] Looking for ideas on good children's books

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 03:10:22 UTC 2015

I would not say that Aslan is a stand-in for God, but He does
represent Jesus.  And I'm NOT a fundamentalist.  But it's quite
simple to see that symbology.  Edmund is a traitor, and so
according to the magic, someone must die.  Aslan chooses to do
that.  But he knows that there is even deeper, older magic.
Whether you accept Aslan as representing Christ or not, in Narnia
the Good always triumphs.  I have to believe that, even in this
world that's so messed up.  The Good will triumph.  Love will
always win out.  I may be an imperfect representative of Love,
but it will triumph, in spite of me, in spite of all of us and
our laziness, indifference, dishonesty, greed, hatred, and so
many other crappy things that we carry around and throw at each
other.    Debby