[stylist] Looking for ideas on good children's books

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 03:10:19 UTC 2015

Actually, Lucy is one of my favorite female characters in Narnia.
She shows sensitivity, and her love for Aslan is strong.  And
Jill.  Once she gets over being a ninny, she turns out to be a
wonderful young girl.  I believe that the real villainess is the
White Witch, and she turns out to appear in more of the stories
as one and the same.  But she is no different than many of the
women in fairy tales, the wicked Queen in Snow White, the wicked
Fairy in Sleeping Beauty, the wicked stepmother in Cinderella and
Hansel and Grettel.  I know that there are wicked men too, but
right now my mind is drawing a blank.

I always wished that C.S.  Lewis would have written more adult
versions of Narnia.  I mean, I love them, but I'd really would
have liked to read more in-depth books about Narnia.  But they
are children's stories, and written as such.  For me I love them,
and they are a great read for me sometimes.    Debby