[stylist] anoTher character question

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 02:49:37 UTC 2015

Hi Vejas, in a way it was different for me.  I attended a
residential School for the Blind, so many of the kids I'd known
since I was five.  We ate together, had class together, played
together, lived together.  So people were used to me going off to
read.  It was at home that I had the problem of "reading too
much".  But a lot of that was because I had nothing else to do.
I wasn't good at just going out in my neighborhood, especially
after my family moved.  When I was young, we lived in a
neighborhood where there were sidewalks, and it was easier to
tell where I was.  Then we moved to a neighborhood with no
sidewalks.  So while my brothers were off running around, I was
at home alone.  Both my parents worked, and after my allotted
chores were done, I had little to do.  So I read.  Those habits
became very much ingrained in me.  Before I got married, I lived
by myself.  When I wasn't working, or out doing church stuff, or
just hanging out with friends, I read.  I always had several
books going on at once.  Now I don't get to read as much, and I
spend tons of time on email, probably more than I should.
Debby