[stylist] Poem - "Razor" - First Draft

William L Houts lukaeon at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 17:07:35 UTC 2015

Hey Blinks,

I've been away from writing for a few weeks, but come back to it with
the following poem.  I'll say that I think it works, but at this point
don't have much invested in it beyond that, except to say that I think
this is my third poem about shaving, and probably the best, for whatever
THAT's worth.

--Bill

---

We hate to shave, we masters, Americans

brave and entitled to bright singing business:

the talk, the tech, the telling of lies

so small they can scarcely budge salt;

it's our razors I mean, those engines of clean facial

shine, swift as bees with a similar whine

in their working: warlike and winning, slick

with electrics, permitting us, masculine infants,

to sing our boyhoodsfalse:o catch us: dancers,

drummers,delighters of open-mouthed crowds,

as barefaced as winter or wishes:we're

mortal, remember, none of usAdonis divine,

yet buzz our stubble to pinkness,my lie like

any other's:I'm eternal, I'm perfect, I'm nine.