[stylist] A triolet--Space Lyrical

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 20:47:42 UTC 2015

Shawn,

Thanks for sharing. I like your use of repetition, and the simplistic nature
of this poem, which kind of fits your point.

Personally, I like darker SciFi and fantasy, and I also like how certain
subjects have been used. Speculative fiction has really defined itself over
the years, and has started to break away from traditional SciFi. Spec
fiction has developed to usually contain more serious subject matter, and
have a more realistic plot than traditional SciFi. Two books that stand out
in spec. fiction for me are Wind Up Girl and The Handmaid's Tale. And
indicative of this novels is how spec fiction often mixes a literary style
with the genre, which is why books like Wind up Girl win HUGO's.

Bridgit