[stylist] A poem written a few weeks ago

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Sat Jan 3 17:03:02 UTC 2015

Myrna,
This is a thought-filled pantoum that I think is a contest winner in the
category of "Ars Poetica.
The line, "Into a waiting pen their ink did spill" bothers me in some way.
It reverts to an older language, "did". I love the way you use time in your
poem. The content within the difficulty of making the pattern of a pantoum,
is just superb.
My comments would be more coherent if I could actually see your poem. I
think I count ten or eleven syllables in your lines, and I cannot remember
what the meter of a pantoum is.

Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.
Time is the fire in which we burn.