[stylist] Writers' Division First Call of 2015 - a SPECIAL GUEST!

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Sat Jan 3 21:19:53 UTC 2015

Stylist & Writers' division Member

RE: Reminder of our First gathering of 2015, publishing & the National
Braille Press

*#1 About our meeting

*#2 About when and how to get on the call

*#3 About our special guest and the organization she represents

*#1 This notice is about our special guest, and why her employer, is of
publishing significance to us. Come learn about the National Braille Press.
Their services, and publishing criteria are unique and this will be our
opportunity to learn all about this great organization.

*#2 The information you need to get on the call:

Date: Sunday January 4th

Time: 8:00 PM ET; 7:00 CT; 6:00 MT; 5:00 PT

(Note the time is one half hour earlier than we normally meet)

Phone#: 712-432-0460

Access#: 568839Pound

*#3 Here is the BIO for our special guest; before the meeting, visit the
website for the National Braille Press at http://nbp.org

Diane Croft has been working at National Braille Press since 1982 after
receiving her Masters in Education from Harvard University. She oversees all
publishing efforts, new product development, and the marketing and promotion
of braille products.

She has been recognized by the blindness community for her contributions to
the field with numerous awards: 2009 Dr. Jacob Bolotin Award from the
National Federation of the Blind, the Uncommon Vision Award given by the
Massachusetts Association for the Blind, the Bay State Council of the
Blind's Outstanding Service Award, the 1990 Book Award from the President's
Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities, the Access Award from
the American Foundation for the Blind, the Vernon Henley Memorial Award from
the American Council of the Blind, the Looking Out Award from the Guide Dog
Users of Massachusetts, and the Jacobus tenBroek Award from the National
Federation of the Blind of Massachusetts.

>From her knowledge as editor of Louis Braille: A Touch of Genius, Ms.

Croft served as curator for a traveling exhibit on the life and achievements
of Louis Braille, which traveled the country in honor of his Bicentennial.

Diane Croft

Publisher

National Braille Press

88 St. Stephen Street