[stylist] Winter issue of Breath and Shadow is online

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Tue Jan 20 00:56:57 UTC 2015

Chris,
I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed this issue of Breathe and
Shadow. I had never read one including all of the links before. It is a very
comprehensive website with its varied information.
I really enjoyed your story, and I think I had read it before. You are a
fine writer, including your ability to leave us wondering, then finally
finding what we want.
Two questions. Why, when the editorial board is placed pretty much around
the country, are the submissions encouraged primarily from Maine or the New
England states?
Also, a comment on format. I have spent five years trying to break the habit
of writers of my age still using two spaces between sentences. So I am glad
you have put that in your guidelines. The other, fellow writers have spent
five years trying to break me of leaving  a space before and after an
em-dash, which I have finally accomplished. Now, you are telling me I was
right all along!
At any rate, it was all very interesting reading, and demonstrates a quality
magazine.
Thanks for sharing.

Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.