[stylist] Writers and depression

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 16:00:37 UTC 2015

Helen,
I think that your point makes a lot of sense.
I feel that people do not really understand the degree to which
one is unhappy because they can't step into your head and really
understand it.  The last half of junior year, for various reasons
I did not like going to my school (meaeaning the particular
high-school campus I attend), and I hated/dreaded going back
after taking a vacation but always went in anyway.
Well I've pulled through, still go to the same school and am
happier with it, but if my family really knew how unhappy I was
at the time, I think I'd be at this school today.  Much of it
just had to do with what was going on there at the time.
I'm just giving this example because people know you are unhappy,
but just don't know HOW bad.
I want to be an English teacher and an advice columnist for a
newspaper, and like reading Dear Abby in my spare time.  If
someone wrote about being unhappy, Abby would just advocate
medicating them.
Honestly, no matter how badly that I am feeling, I would never
want to be medicated.  I would be perfectly willing to talk out
my problems but no, I would not want to use medicine that would
change me into some mechanical person.  I've also heard that
medication stalls your creative writing.
I think that some of the time when we are unhappy it is about one
specific issue and if that issue is resolved, it is better.  But
sometimes when we are unhappy about multiple things, they all
blend so much that it is hard to know the exact reason.
Vejas