[stylist] Poem - "Advice" - First Draft

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Fri Jan 30 18:01:40 UTC 2015

Bill,
On your poem, Advice, a few remarks. It is very original in your use of
words, and perhaps original words. There  are some phrases that are really
good. " kiss the sun with syllables," "and park it in that chair you style
for tapping true your poet guile." Both "killables" and billables" are
clever words for this Ars Poetica poem.
A few suggestions. I do not think you are using your spell check to correct
the words that do not have spaces between them, and therefore are
unintelligible. Sometimes spelling these out letter by letter helps me, but
I should not have to do that unless it is a made up word or phrase.
I think your first attempt at meter and rhyme indicate that you should stick
with it. It imposes a discipline of its own on the writer that I believe is
of benefit to the brain function of the visually impaired.

Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.
Time is the fire in which we burn.
Delmore Schwartz