[stylist] Poem - "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" - Finalish Draft

William L Houts lukaeon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 17:00:49 UTC 2015

HI Jackie Lee,

Once again, I'm so pleased and honored to have won your approval with my
work.  I say "work", as we all do, but in many ways it's more like play
--that's often the kind of experience I have while writing.  The poet
voice in my head and the writing voice afterward are very dry and cool,
all business, but it's like they're dry and cool skate punks or
something:  avoid this, jump that, circle round the other.

As far as I know, I made up the word "untellable", but I may have read
it somewhere, I'm not sure.

I'm not sure where the asterisks came from, as I copied and pasted the
poem from the draft in my poetry folder, and there's not a single
asterisk on it.  Mighty peculiar, but then that's how things are at my
house, you have no idea and you wouldn't believe me if I told you.

--Bill

--

"Oh, Sophie!  Whyfore have you eated all de cheeldren?"