[stylist] Creating book of poetry

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 17:22:45 UTC 2015

Bill,

I would recommend you research books of poetry to find out what lengths
other writers have written, and follow what you think works for you.

Depending on type of poems, personally, I would say between 50 and 100
pages. Just based on books of poetry I have read.

Do you plan to have a narrative throughout your poems? Or would they just be
stand-alones? Also, any particular format of poetry?

Do you plan to self-publish or attempt traditional publishing? FYI, the
people I know who self-publish, do not make much income from it. So if
income is your motivation, this is something to consider.

Again, your best bet is to read other books of poems.

Bridgit