[stylist] advice ab switching from PC+Jaws to tablet forwriting?

Edward Green ergreen1981 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 10:17:23 UTC 2015

Hi Donna,

No problem.  Waiting for Windows 10 to come out is certainly an option, either because you could get a tablet running Windows 10 or because tablets running Windows 8.1 may reduce in price due to the fact that they will no longer be running the latest operating system.

Price reductions don’t always happen as they depend on how the new operating system is received.  For instance, hardware running Windows 7 might reasonably have been expected to reduce when Windows 8 came out, but because Windows 8 was not well received and had been installed on the majority of new hardware, Windows 7 hardware was both popular and scarce meaning they were actually more expensive.

I also don’t think that significant price reductions will occur on Windows 8 hardware because Windows 10 will be a free upgrade for a year.

Others have suggested possible tablets apart from the HP Stream, the Dell Venue Pro and the Toshiba Encore 2 (the one I have) are also good, though the Stream is probably the cheapest.

Cheers,

Ed