[stylist] Making it count

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Fri Jul 24 00:44:50 UTC 2015

Shawn,
I really liked this story of your start toward being a statistician. I have
always thought of that as a very intimidating profession, even for one with
no vision problems. You put a very human face on it. From now on, I will
think of any number as a person or as persons that are individuals.
As I read, I was trying to remember any barn at Iowa State, but probably the
hockey team was not operational when I was there.
Ice hockey is such a rough game and so often fights erupt over
disagreements. I am glad you did not get hurt, or give up on it.
Unusual, in my mind, that a statistician is also a poet and writer. So
different in their essence.
By the way, I am behind on critiquing both your writings in S and S, and
your last poem. There is no way your efforts should sink into a "Black
Hole." Just be patient. My mother always said, "The hurrier I go, the
Behinder I get."

Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.
Time is the fire in which we burn.