[stylist] Portland

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 03:58:47 UTC 2015

Hi Bridgit, the dogs are trained generally for three to four
months before students arrive at school.  Then it depends on
which school you go to.  When I got my first dog from Seeing Eye
in 1981, I was there for 26 days.  I really felt like I needed
all the time there that I could have, since she was my first dog.
Now Seeing Eye has shortened their classes by a couple days, and
this year they did a pilot program of having a two-week class
with people who had had dogs before.  We are usually called
retrains, (or retreads).  Lol.  Anyway, I've probably rambled on
more than any of you wanted to know about training for dogs and
people.  I'm going to go put away some much-neglected laundry
now.    Debby and Nova my superstar.