[stylist] Shawn, about your FR article -

Jacobson, Shawn D Shawn.D.Jacobson at hud.gov
Mon Jun 8 13:04:13 UTC 2015

Robert

The article is about my stint as statistician for the Iowa State University hockey club.  I did this for two ears in the early '80's.

The article covers some of my misadventures keeping numbers on a sport where I did not understand the nuance of the game.  I also talk some about adapting my part of data gathering to the limits of my vision (though this is not totally a blindness piece).  I also try to give some flavor of the atmosphere of the setting (the rink, the locker room, the experience.

I wind up with my thoughts on the philosophy of statistics as I understand it.  The real world of statistics (including data gathering and data quality) are not well reflected on what one learns about statistics in the classroom.

Shawn