[stylist] Poem - "Drinking" - Second Draft

William L Houts lukaeon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 23:02:07 UTC 2015

HI Barbara,

Thanks so much for spending a few moments on "Drinking".  This is
probably going to get me thrown in poetry jail, but I don't spend that
much time on the stranger phrases you're referring to. They occur to me
and I take them as gifts from the goddess.  In other words, I don't
interrogate inspiration, if that's what it is.  ON the other hand, I'm
not just a higgledy-piggledy it-is-what-it-is sort of poet; I usually go
through many edits before I have what I think of, provisionally, as a
final draft.

--Bill