[stylist] Pollpeter Writing exercise

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 02:20:02 UTC 2015

In the same spirit as Bill, I figured I would write something and post it.
Plus, have not a whole lot to do either as I continue to recover from my
danm broken ankle, LOL!

Rain pats against the window. Plinks and plops ease me into relaxation. I
drift closer to slumber as oxy codone flows through my body. A drug-filled
haze blankets me in its embrace. The sharp, pricking sensation in my ankle
narrows into a dull ache. My limbs, sore and uncomfortable from disuse,
relax enough to find sleep. It's like needing to take a long, indulgent
stretch, but nothing happens. But the drugs trigger my nerves to forget it
for the moment. Heaviness tugs at me. The sounds of the world escape as I
wake to a chemical existence.

Bridgit