[stylist] Poem - "Drinking" - Second Draft

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Wed Jun 17 00:52:50 UTC 2015

Bill,
As usual your poetry grabs me with strong reactions.
I love your description of water, so invaluable to us in this 115 heat in
AZ.
You really made me have a difficult time swallowing when I thought of my
beloved Manhattans as "Essence of roach!"
Yes, I was married to a Methodist Minister's son, and he really liked his
straight shots of Scotch, but never showed the effects.
Now, I want to throw caution to the winds, go back to several poems of yours
that I have saved, and answer with one of my own on the same subject. Do not
know how far I will get.
You are  a master of unusual images. Probably 65 percent of my stuff is form
or rhymed poetry. So glad we all have these differences. I learn from you.

Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.
Time is the fire in which we burn.
Delmore Schwartz