[stylist] The Erasure Poem_Jackie

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Sun Jun 21 19:19:01 UTC 2015

Lynda,
I am overwhelmed by your analysis of my poem. You are such a student of the past, both historically and religiously, that I learned a great deal from your critique of the ideas.
Actually, for me, it was a sort of venting of a process that even those around me have no real understanding of, and nothing I really want to share with them. One must simply learn to live with these erasures, keep writing poetry about other things, and be like your friend of so long ago, and try to inspire and show an eager outlook on what is left.
Yes, I will e-mail you after another answer or two on the list.
Your interpretation of how God might be at work was fascinating to me.  I do not tend to give him excuses. An example is the news going on about the nine people killed in S. Carolina and the statement by a member of the church that they must have faith that this was God's plan. But that is an entirely loaded subject to discuss, so I won't.

Jackie Lee

A gun is the school in which many learn.
Guns are the fires in which many burn.
After Delmore Schwartz