[stylist] Musical inspiration when writing

Semirhage severus13 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 10:21:11 UTC 2015

HI everyone. Just wanted to toss out a suggestion that may or may not be useful to some of you out there. It's about how music can inspire us to move through any writer's block and closer into the minds of our characters. Music and writing are both huge parts of my life so those of you who feel the same may relate to this. Often I'll hear a song and get the impression that this or that character totally digs it or that type of music or like in our own lives and music choices, the lyrics reflect something the character is going through, totally saying it perfectly for them. When working with these characters, it gets me closer to them and more into the zone as it were, to make mix cds of the songs they like or songs that inspire me for being open to them and in the mood to connect as it were. Recently I did a full mix CD with my husband of all the songs that connect to a specific group of characters we're working with and it's done wonders. Especially helping me connect to one. So yeah, just wanted to share that. It's not a new thing for me by far, but it's the first time we had an entire CD worth. Most characters just have a song or two. LOL.
Sem