[stylist] A Strange Little Poem

The Raven ishamael13 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 02:26:09 UTC 2015

Hi Bill,

My other two languages are Russian and Hebrew, in the order of
proficiency.  Hope your computer program works out for you. It is
believed the more languages you already know, the easier it is to learn
others. In my experience, it is especially true if the languages belong
to different groups, then it is easier to learn many more.

I got to read the Bible in Hebrew and Aramaic, took me a while to be
ready. On a school bus I would be memorizing different Aramaic proverbs,
to gain a good sense of vocabulary, until eventually it grew to my
satisfaction.

I have the same approach as you to poetry. I simply do what feels right
for the sake of beauty when I write my own. The forms could be
stimulating sometimes but at other times, they feel more restrictive,
like they would interrupt my flow. So I prefer to analyze the forms of
others when they are interesting, but never limit myself to any.  After
all, the form is only an expression of the idea, when the idea itself is
the one that matters most, at least that's what I think.