[stylist] I will not Walk by Sight (second version)

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 17:19:26 UTC 2015

Shawn,

Chris gave some great comments already. This is definitely a revision but
still some errors and typos just to be aware of. Like Chris, I'm not a huge
fan of this particular style of writing, but you are consistent in both
style and voice throughout entire story.

Chris mentioned it, but there are several places where you use the same word
in close proximity. Right in the second para it kicks off with the word
fortune.

You also use past participles a lot. The past perfect tense is over done and
keeps you in passive voice. I know there's a tendancy to use past perfect
tense when the subject addresses the past, and then within that section they
address the past, but it becomes too much and drags the sentence structure
and story down.

So much better with erotic or sexual descriptions (not sure what else to
call it, LOL) Gives us enough description and detail without making us
blush, smile. In particular, I like the following: And the dream was
especially good that night.  My dream lover came touching and stroking with
special fervor as if she had heard our speculations and had felt joy from
them.  The night ended with what felt like a full body kiss that left me
howling with pleasure with a voice that had to ring through the whole
commune.

Good job with the working metaphor, especially with the feeling of
difference. It works on many levels. And I like the religious connection and
imagery.

Bridgit