[stylist] new opportunity?

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Thu Sep 10 14:33:31 UTC 2015

Hello,

I was contacted by a woman in Pittsburgh who is launching a new
website/journal meant for the sighted world, but written primarily by people
with vision loss-and I cringe when I write that, but their guidelines are
quite specific about using that silly term instead of blind. Anyway, I
figured I'd share the info with you all.

**

TheReImage Seeks Content & Contest Submissions

TheReImage is a new online campaign to re-create the image of people with
vision loss while establishing new possibilities. With the sighted world
as the audience for this project, TheReImage will use written stories and
audio pieces about and by people with vision loss to demonstrate that
regardless of our vision level, as people, we are more alike than
different. Therefore, our human and life experiences should be the focus
of these stories rather than our vision loss. In other words, the stories
will not be about how we lost our vision or what great resources are
available to us, but about our experiences with raising children, owning a
home, taking a trip, enjoying the outdoors, working at a job, spending
time with friends, dealing with family issues, managing a household,
relaxing with a favorite hobby, getting an education, planning a wedding,
hiking a mountain, sailing into the sunset, and more. While previously
published stories may be considered for TheReImage, original material will
be given greater consideration.

All story submissions that follow the guidelines will be considered for
publication. In addition, monetary prizes of $100, $50 and $25 will be
awarded to first, second and third place winners respectively for stories
submitted by November 1, 2015. Criteria considered for the prizes will be
Writing skill, writing style, appropriate tone of the article, and
originality. All stories selected for publication will appear as we launch
our new website, TheReImage.net. Submission guidelines and sample stories
may be found on the current temporary site at the same web address. While
November 1 is the deadline for contest entries, TheReImage seeks content
on an on-going basis to keep the website fresh. Stories and story ideas
can be emailed to content at TheReImage.net or sent in your preferred format
to TheReImage, P.O. Box 13019, Harrisburg, PA 17110. We look forward to
reading your entries.