[stylist] Face Book Fix? (Lynda Lambert)

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 14:41:19 UTC 2015

Lynda and others,

Kerry is a Division member. To my knowledge, she's not been on Stylist, but
she's been a long time Division member.

This is my point about limiting who has access and keeping it to people who
have consistently been active and participating with the Division.

This has nothing to do with trust or anything. It's just that people
initially volunteer, but then life happens, and often they cannot keep up
the original commitment. I've seen this in other groups. And when the person
volunteering doesn't have a steady presence, not only can things go to the
wayside, but I find people have difficulty in tracking them down.

So the smaller the circle, keeping it closer to the core, may possibly help
in lessening the chances of debacles like this from occurring.

If someone has volunteered to maintain something like Facebook, then they
need to frequently check in. April says the FB page has looked like this for
at least a month, so clearly no one has been checking in on a regular basis.
It would also seem that this person is not keeping regular communication
with the necessary people involved. If no one is willing and able to
consistently track the FB page or participate with the board, then I'm not
sure how great an idea it is to have a social media presence. This situation
is a bit extreme, but look, it's already made a couple of people assume the
page is defunct, and they have removed themselves from the page.

Not being negative, just realistic. I hate to see people walk away because
we lack the ability to maintain something. A decision needs to be made.
First and foremost, I say this page needs to be closed since no one can
figure out how to make the necessary changes. And like I've said, if no one
can consistently maintain the page, it seems counter-productive to even have
it.

Bridgit