[stylist] Five days till Writers' Division conference call

Shelley Alongi alongi.shelley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 02:06:08 UTC 2016

Notice of Writers' Division Gathering on december 18

Greetings from your Writers' Division gathering hostess and the cats
Pearl and Brandy!

December is upon us with all that means for everyone. Five days and
counting till our conference call. If you haven't heard of National
Novel Writing month come and join us for our December 18 meeting. I
participated in NANOWRIMO and met my fifty thousand word goal with not
much time to spare.  There are some secrets I have picked up about how
to make fifty thousand words in thirty days from doing this four times
now. The word count is never the end of the story for me but only the
beginning.
NANOWRIMO can also include poetry: where would we be without Paradise
Lost? That's a very long poem. Novels do not only need to follow what
we think of as a standard novel, not for the month of November. The
whole idea behind the challenge is to stimulate creativity.

So, let's talk about it! If you participated in the November challenge
please join us and chime in with your thoughts. If you haven't
participated and want to get a head start on encouragement for next
year please join us.
I'll do a general presentation with some interesting facts from their
web site. If you want to look at the site before the call, go to:
http://www.nanowrimo.org
The phone number to call on December 18 is (712)432-0460. The access
code is 568839. The times are as follows: 8:00 PM eastern, 7:00 PM
central, 6:00 PM mountain, and 5:00 PM pacific. The call will last
aproximately one hour. Please feel free to email off list with
questions for me if you have any. See you on December 18. Keep
Dreaming!