[stylist] writing free verse poetry

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Wed Jan 6 17:34:12 UTC 2016

this could be a great project to take on for April, for National Poetry
Month. Last year, I did this with Tanka, and to my utter amazement I entered
into a world that is so complex and deep, I am going to be there forever. I
joined the Tanka Society of American and my greatest joy last year was
having one of my tanka published in the 2015 Tanka Anthology. You may end up
doing this with free verse - it is a very complex world and I imagine you
will fall in love with what you find there.  But, be sure to understand, the
generic explanations of the form you will find through yur goodle searches,
will be just the entry steps into a far more exciting world than you can
imagine.  Have fun and keep writing. Lynda