[stylist] bard

Cheryl Orgas & William Meeker meekerorgas at ameritech.net
Tue Jul 19 17:05:04 UTC 2016

Atty, Robert, et al,

A telephone call to the Wisconsin Talking Book and Braille Library (WTBBL)
this morning yielded the following:

BARD is indeed down;
The outage is not related to the scheduled BARD maintenance downtime from 4
p.m., Friday, July 29, 2016, through 7 a.m., Monday, August 1;
The problem lies within the Library of Congress (LOC) and effects other  LOC
catalogues in addition to BARD;
WTBBL does not know the nature of the problem or the duration of the outage;
and,
WTBBL and other NLS system libraries are effected just as we readers are.

The good news for me is that I need do nothing but wait until LOC fixes the
problem and restores service.  Hope that comforts you, too.

Bill Meeker