[stylist] marking a place in a document with jaws

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 15:52:51 UTC 2016

Sherry,

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: stylist [mailto:stylist-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Sherry Gomes
via stylist
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 4:53 AM
To: 'Writers' Division Mailing List' <stylist at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Sherry Gomes <sherriola at gmail.com>
Subject: [stylist] marking a place in a document with jaws

Hi Bridget and others,

Here is the process I wrote about yesterday. I practiced with it at first
before using it on my manuscript files, and it works great for moving a
large amount of text around. Basically, you start by marking the beginning
of the passage to be moved, cut or otherwise modified, then you can use
control F to find where you want to stop the mark, then you use the
keystroke below to mark the place and cut/copy. Here's the info. I got this
from the jaws help topics, popular applications with jaws, Microsoft
applications and then the item for word.

Set Marked Place: control plus windows key plus K

Return to Marked place: Alt plus Windows Key plus K

Select text between Marked Place and cursor position: Insert plus spacebar,
then M

Sherry

 <http://www.sherrygomeswrites.com> www.sherrygomeswrites.com

"Pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you've collected nothing but a
lot of empty yesterdays.

I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering."

Professor Harold Hill, the Music Man