[stylist] An Interesting Word

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 20:37:28 UTC 2016

I know that we don't do the Word of the Day anymore, but there is
one word which I find interesting.  The word itself is not very
interesting, but its usage is.  The word is "housekeeping."
When I was younger, I always thought that housekeeping always
meant cleaning, because that's what housekeepers do, and I didn't
learn until LCB that it doesn't just mean that.  I used to think
"a few housekeeping items" meant that the director at LCB wanted
to talk about what needed to be cleaned, but it can also mean an
issue that needs to be talked about/taken care of.
Anyone else once confused by this term?
Vejas