[stylist] What are you Reading Right Now?

Tessa puppycat at tbaytel.net
Fri Oct 14 01:39:09 UTC 2016

I just reread for the nteeth time Spindle's End by Robin Mckinley, a
retelling of the story of sleeping beauty. Her other stories beauty and rose
daughter are retellings of beauty and the beast, it's interesting that she
could create two different stories on the same fairy tale. I didn't care for
Deerskin but I enjoy most of her other work.

I am also rereading Jurassic Park, trying to count the errors the author
makes LOL. As I say I tend to be very detail oriented so if the character
leaves home in a blue car and arrives at the hockey game in a brown van I
want to know what's up with that. If you read Nevada Barr's Anna Pigeon
series you might notice that the dog tacco morphs through several breeds of
dog over the series, kind of funny.
I had to laugh though as one of the ladies in our little local group caught
me out in a glaring detail error, My excuse, I screwed up LOL.
Not reading anything serious right now, trying to work on my own materials.
Got to get reading though as I told goodreads I'd read 200 books this year,
thank goodness for talking books, I think I'm at 173 or something so I'm
thinking I'll make it.
Tessa