[stylist] {Spam?} Re: What are you Reading Right Now?

Tessa puppycat at tbaytel.net
Fri Oct 14 18:39:25 UTC 2016

LOL talk about wanting a house full of books, I think I have it though mine are mostly all print, I literally have several thousand paperbacks, why, I don't know, I love books, love the feel of them and the smell of them and knowing that I can put one on the scanner and find that sentence or whatever or the propper spelling of the characters name, since audio just doesn't give you that info.
Up until computers and access to the library catalogue myself I pretty much was greatful to take whatever they sent me, sometimes not necessarily appropriate and sometimes very informative. I remember one of my grade four class mates giving us a review on the book Cybil I think the title was, she talked about some very intimate details regarding this psychiatric patient which I suspect her parents may not have known she was reading. As I say enlightening.  I've never been a fan of Harlequins, but have read several because even they provide information, facts and characters, ideas and someone actually took time to sit down and write them.
I was never much of a braille reader, never had the ability to sit still long enough to do so I guess. Definitely preferred talking books. Not to mention that getting the braille back to the mailbox was a first class pain.
I enjoy fantasy, Jim Butcher, Patricia Briggs, I just finished reading Jodi Taylor's Chronicles of Saint Mary's, time travelling historians, awesome series. I love Kay his Fionavar Trilogy really impressed me at the time, he's Canadian and he used real places, that thrilled me because potentially I could go to those places, not that I have LOL but you know what I mean. I just recently reread the earthsea trilogy.
I think I spend as much time rereading old favourites as I do reading new stuff, there are just some books that for whatever reason I find almost comforting perhaps? Though that being said I very recently reread swiss family robinson a book I loved as a child and was bitterly disappointed, oh well. I try to keep track of my books now and would like to reread many of the ones I received in my teens except that I don't remember the names only a brief snippit.
example one is about a girl named Tess who lives with her uncle next to the cemetary, this is 1910 or so and she's friends with a negro girl and her family. I can't remember the title or the author, I remember the baby dying of whooping cough and Tess commenting that Haily's comet was passing and Mark Twain dying. I really enjoyed that book and definitely want to read it again if I could figure out what its called. And of course book synopses tend to be very broad, so finding it that way is challenging too.
I love having electronic access to so many books, but I like to have the print copy on hand, particularly for my favourites.
Tessa