[stylist] Another Question about Books: Losing Interest

Sherry Gomes sherriola at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 21:24:01 UTC 2016

I don't stick with a book and read through if I lose interest or don't like
it. On the other hand, I stick with important things in my life. I work a
lot of hours every week, so my free time to enjoy books is less than it was
years ago when I was younger, and I refuse to use that time sticking with a
book that doesn't appeal to me.

I do find that my taste in books has changed over the years. When I was
young I liked certain things, I certainly liked romances, among the other
things, mysteries, thrillers, fantasy and historical fiction. Now I don't
like romances at all, avoid mysteries unless they are cozy mysteries without
much graphic violence, and I still love fantasy and historical fiction. I
still love gothic novels, though I don't enjoy some authors I liked in my
twenties, and still like some authors from back then. I think life changes
us as we grow and experience things good and bad. And those changes affect
everything from the books we read, to the music we like to the social things
we enjoy, to the things in general that we care about. For instance, I grew
up in the sixties and though I loved rock, I hated hard rock. Now I still
love rock and I love hard rock. Lol. Things change. I changed, and my
reading tastes both changed and didn't.