[stylist] What are you Reading Right Now?

Estelle Shukert samsestelleshuke at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 16 20:40:19 UTC 2016

Hello,

  I haven't been in touch for awhile, but thought I would join in to share some of the books I am reading. Far and Away, by Andrew Solomon, is long, but he is an excellent writer, shares his various travels to many different countries and groups. He encourages everyone to travel, but since I'm a stay at home person, I travel with books. He also wrote Far From the Tree, an excellent book about families facing a variety of disabilities. I'm also currently reading another long one - by Jared Diamond:  The World Before Yesterday. He's also an excellent writer, a geography professor and in this book gives details about other societies around the world and how they face their challenges, and live their lives. The author feels we can all learn from others no matter where they are from, how rich or poor they are, or what they look like or even when they lived.  Obviously I'm into nonfiction, but I do attend some book clubs so get in on some of the latest novels. One we are currently reading is The Bookseller, by Cynthia Swanson. Different, but interesting, about a woman who has led a rather plain life and begins having dreams about what she thinks would be a perfect life. The dream world and the real world share some things which makes it a little weird, but I do want to finish it to see where the author takes it!

  Thanks for sharing your latest reads!

Estelle Shukert