[stylist] Does Anyone Write Daily as a Routine No Matter What's Going On?

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 01:58:44 UTC 2016

Barbara,
Same here. I  typically cannot just open a document and write, I need a little nudge with at least some words, but I admire these  who do. It's funny but, just like you, I am great at having ideas but it's hard for me to always put them into words. They can be very elaborate ideas such as, "Anna and Emily are going to go to their school carnival. Anna will be working on the cake walk, and Emily is going to spill Coke all over herself." If all of writing was just ideas, haha.
Vejas

> On Oct 24, 2016, at 17:22, Barbara HAMMEL via stylist <stylist at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>

> I don't understand what you mean by open a document and just start writing. For you that may be easy but I cannot do that. I just sit there and stare at the blank file and my head stays blank. I have four stories going and for a while I would write bits in each of them but lately absolutely zero. I even have a file for ideas, a file for drafts and a file for finished pieces. (I should say those are folders with files in them.)
> Barbara Hammel
>
>> On Oct 24, 2016, at 18:27, Osman Koroma via stylist <stylist at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>> First of all, there is no such thing call writer's block!  There is always something to write. I write every day except for Sundays. I don't always write what Im working on but I write. If your goal is to write every day then I suggest you start with a small goal. For example set a goal to write 100 word a day and you'll be surprise how much you go over 100. Set a time to write each and every day and just open a word document or what ever you use and start writing without thinking. U be surprise what comes out. Hope this helps.
>> Please excuse any typos
>> Osman Koroma
>> www.osmankoroma.com
>> www.twitter.com/osmankoroma
>> www.facebook.com/osmankoromaauthor
>>
>>> On Oct 24, 2016, at 18:49, Miss Thea via stylist <stylist at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, Vejas
>>> I'd like to know this answer too.
>>> I don't write every day, and I do have some health issues that prevent me from being the lean, mean writing machine I'd like to be.
>>> But I do find that when I start writing, the ideas come.
>>> I don't know if you were around when I was workshopping my "Lucy and Lithe" novel, but I haven't been writing in it for some time.
>>> Then, my interest revived, I started writing, and re-thought the whole concept, even changing the title.
>>> Now it's going to be a  series. I think I'm working on the prequel.
>>> It's now called "She's For Andorpha", at least that's my working title.
>>> For now.
>>> I also have borderline personality, and sometimes that gets in the way. But it can also be useful, because when my interest revives, I write like a house on fire.
>>> Born completely blind, I lack the knowledge of color, landscape and other sensory information important to readers. So, I've learned to write what I know, and hope if my work reaches the editor stage, that I'll get someone who can help me fill in the details.
>>> Ok, I went way off topic. I don't write every day. I often feel I need a break, due to health problems and writer's block.
>>> But I'm very interested in what daily writers have to say.
>>> Thea
>>>
>>> -----Original Message----- From: Vejas Vasiliauskas via stylist
>>> Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 6:34 PM
> [...]
>>> Vejas