[stylist] Does Anyone Write Daily as a Routine No Matter What's Going On?

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 19:43:22 UTC 2016

Not everyone, but most people swear. My dad's a pastor, and he's dropped the
occasional curse word at particular moments, like when moving a couch
downstairs, and it slid down, knocking him over, LOL!

I truly never dropped a swear word until my 20s, and then I started swearing
quite a bit, though generally not in public because you just don't know who
it will offend. Since having kids, I tend to edit myself now. However, even
though I added explicatives to my vocabulary, I have always maintained that
the English language includes thousands of words, why limit yourself to a
chosen few?

That being said, I don't quite get the uproar of swear words when used in
proper context. They are just words. And honestly, when you use gosh darn
and golly and shoot, they are just water-downed versions. It's not fooling
anyone. Words are words. It doesn't mean anything if a person chooses to
swear or not. Sure, there's a time and place, but they are words all the
same. I don't want my four-year-old exposed to them, nor do I think it
appropriate to swear around people who are uncomfortable with it, but at the
end of the day, they are words just like any other words from the lexicon.

But again, as previously mentioned, don't limit yourself to a few words.
Explore what our language has to offer, smile. Sample everything from the
buffett but don't stick to just one choice.

But sometimes, there's truly no better way to describe certain things, or
people, than with good-old fashioned curse words. They just do the job
nicely, grin.

Bridgit