[stylist] {Spam?} Re: What are you Reading Right Now?

Tessa puppycat at tbaytel.net
Wed Oct 26 11:44:02 UTC 2016

Hi all
I just finished reading the book Powerless by Tim Washburn, I have to say I was quite disappointed. The story premise is that the sun emits a massive electro-magnetic pulse which strikes the northern hemosphere creating world wide or at least northern hemosphere wide devistation. I enjoy reading so called appocolypse fiction other than the zombie appocolypse, perhaps someone can explain why the undead have suddenly become so popular. But that being said, the author thanks his agent and editors at the publisher but personally the writing leaves a bit to be desired, one quarter of one chapter is in first person, which is really weird since the whole rest of the book is in third. The author follows the stories of several very different people which is very interesting but in at least one case he brings up a scenerio and then leaves us literally hanging. He has a second book Cataclysm about the super volcano under Yellowstone, Harry Turtledove did an excellent super volcano pair of books, I don't know if I want to read Washburn's, on the other hand LOL I figure even bad writing can teach me something, like what not to do. I find so much missing in this book. Nanowrimo is coming, perhaps I'll just have to write my own LOL.
Tessa