[stylist] Latest parenting blog

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 15:25:50 UTC 2016

Some schools in our district will provide Braille material to parents who ask for it. I have a friend who was given all print info in Braille when her daughter was in preschool a few years ago. At least in our district, a lot of the school websites are not fully accessible, so sometimes accessing online records and info doesn't work if you use a screenreader. Fortunately, for Ross and me, we've been able to work out individual methods with Declan's teachers. Basically, anything print can just be sent home and we scan it. If it's hand-written, they are supposed to email us. The biggest thing with Declan right now is not so much his info from school, but anything pertaining to his IEP, which he has for speech.

I'm basing these blogs off my personal experience, so of course, I welcome any comments providing more insight. Not sure if you can make comments on the blog itself. I just write them for the local site. I don't even post it on the blog. I send the editor my blog, and the rest is handled from there. But I appreciate feedback so I can provide a fuller view of blindness.

Thanks for reading.

Bridgit