[stylist] {Spam?} Restoring a previous version of a Word document

Bill Outman woutman at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 7 03:37:48 UTC 2016

Good evening.

I have a problem with a journal document I keep each month.  I am working
with the current one for this month.

Apparently early today I mistakenly deleted everything from the beginning up
to the point I save the document.  I worked with it later throughout the
morning writing entries not realizing my mistake.

Now I come back to it tonight to write in the journal again and find it is
much smaller than I expected, having only the entries from the mistaken
deletion forward.

I think what happened is I was trying to hit Control-S for save and hit
Control-A for select all and the whole text disappeared.  I tried to escape
realizing my mistake, as possibly I hit delete at some point to delete the
selected text, which was not what I wanted to do.

I would like to get that previous version back and than add today's entries
to the file so it is as the journal normally would be.

Bill Outman