[stylist] FireFox and Links

David Russell david.sonofhashem at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 14:29:47 UTC 2017

Hello Writers,
This topic is for any of you, who like myself may use FireFox as your
primary default browser. You may also have GMail.
As you may know, the upgraded version does not automatically turn
internet addresses typed into hyperlinks.
I went to the FireFox Support Forum, and this is the general answer I
found from 2016 to fix this issue.
You must send the email using HTML format. Not plain text.
Also, after entering the link, go to the end of the link and press Enter.

I believe my GMail setting is HTML format, and not the standard GMail.
I have noticed emails from here will show internet addresses as hyperlinked.
One way I was told to fix this is: Type the internet address; paste it
in the browser and press control v. When the email is sent, the
recipient will then see it as a link.
If you have any other ideas, or a browser recommend that does add
hyperlinks, please suggest.
Thanks for the help in advance.
--
David Russell