[stylist] Poem & Co9mments

llambert at zoominternet.net llambert at zoominternet.net
Fri Dec 8 22:46:25 UTC 2017

Shawn,
Because I am a visual artist, I have a keen sense of colour and its nuances
in every sort of light or darkness.
While I no longer see colors with my eyes, it is deeply imbedded in my
entire body. Color is physical and initiative.
When I was fully sighted - for 64 years - I worked initiatively and chose my
colours by just a touch of my hands on the tubes of paint or the jars of
printing inks.
I do the same when I write.  Often, I am told that my poems and essays are
paintings done with words. This is the greatest compliment I can receive for
this is exactly what I am doing when I write. I close my eyes and I paint
what I see - with words.

Yes The Avocet is Nature-based poetry only. Nature has been my MUSE my
entire  life.
Thanks for asking.
And, I am very happy to hear you are getting your work out and getting
published. Let your light shine!

Lynda