[stylist] Do you have a writing place?

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 16:23:35 UTC 2017

How and where I write has changed since I lost my sight. I used to have
notebooks full of writing along with a journal. I preferred pencil, but was
always very picky about the type of pens and pencils I used. I couldn't use
just any pen. I would write with music or TV in the background, but now I
require silence. I will listen to music while I ponder ideas and structure
and all that good stuff, but when I actually get down to writing now, I like
to have quiet. With 2 kids, I don't always get quiet though. I've never been
an early riser; I like my sleep, grin. But I try to write when my
four-year-old is at school. Now though, I have a newborn, so haven't done
much writing. Need to figure out a new schedule and routine. I write with my
laptop in a big, over-sized chair in the living room. My husband bought me a
really nice desk a couple of years ago, but I just don't find it very
comfortable, and he uses it more than I do. I also get uncomfortable sitting
traditionally, so in my big chair, I can sit however I want, smile. Like
Lynda, I miss holding books and pens and using my notebooks, and oh man, I
miss my highlighters. I had every color and would use them often, grin. The
only tool I really use is my laptop. I use my Victor Stream and iPad if
referring to other material, like other books and outside sources, but all
my notes and writing is done on my laptop. I back-up everything with a flash
drive and an external hard drive. I keep saying I will print off hard-copies
of finished work and file it, but I have yet to do this; not a bad idea
though, just in case.

Bridgit