[stylist] Creative Nonfiction

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Mon Feb 27 21:03:14 UTC 2017

Bridgit will have a good answer for you for this is her cup of tea. I have
some too, but I am sure we would not agree on too much.

I write only poetry and Creative Non-fiction and that is what  the 27 essays
are that are  in my latest book.
My response only refers to what I do when I am writing CNF.
I write in a much broader historical brushstroke than a typical piece of
non-fiction would be. I'll hve to blame that on being a Humanities
professor.
I literally weave my stories with numerous strands which  I set into an
historical context:  ancient history, thought, mythology, contemporary life,
personal experiences, philosophy, the arts - I weave the strands into a new
fabric.  I am influenced by Hegel, Rilke and Nietzche (and many others
modernist and post-modernist thinkers) in how I view what is "real."  The
literary magazines and books that publish my work label it as CNF, but there
would be a wide divide from what I do and  many others who write CNF, I
believe.  But heck, I spend a lot of time walking in the woods every day, so
who knows? When left to my own devices.....

Lynda