[stylist] {Spam?} Re: The Neighbors: A Parable

Miss Thea thearamsay at rogers.com
Mon Jun 12 06:18:32 UTC 2017

I guess that's what the writers were doing back in that day.
Stories had to have an explicit moral.
Even the Brothers Grimm wrote fairy tales that all had a moral.
I think one of the purposes that L. Frank Baum had in writing the Oz books
was to get away from the moral, and just tell the story.

It's strange, though. When I read Little Women, I was nine years old, and
thought it the most romantic thing I'd ever read.
But reading it again in my twenties? I thought it was the most overblown
morality tale, and didn't like it that much.
Thea