[stylist] Writers' Division Gathering at NFB Convention?

Bill Outman woutman at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 12 18:45:03 UTC 2017

I was wondering about that, since I didn't see it on the agenda. I was
thinking about coming over to Orlando from Daytona Beach, about an hour or
two ride over for a day trip to do that.  I may still do this for the
Communities in Faith gathering on the Wednesday afternoon of convention
week, as I have a relationship with that group as well.

One story I have been working on intermittently brings this into the picture
as well, about a fictional charismatic nun who has an ecumenical reach, and
I go out west to investigate, in fact into Shelley's former territory of
southern California where a lot of faith movements have come from.  In fact,
she gets a mention as this ficgtional nun knew of her, and it's a way of
getting blindness into the story tangencially without making it central.  I
don't mention myself specifically as the person who is investigating and
telling the story, but people close enogh to me who know me well might
understand it is me making this journey.

The story developed around a lot of the themes of passion week and has a
literary trick in that it uses a lot of anagrams to convey points about
faith and our current cultural circumstances.

Bill Outman