[stylist] How is Everyone Doing?

Miss Thea thearamsay at rogers.com
Tue Jun 13 19:16:52 UTC 2017

I live in Toronto.
I love Toronto, but Toronto doesn't love me.
That is, I can't get subsidized housing here, and the market rent is crazy
high.
The office manager here knows people in a subsidized housing place in
Oshawa, that has 10 or 11 March of Dimes units.
That is, the units are disabled-friendly, and there's a subsidy.
So I put my application in there.
My application's in a hundred places, proverbially.
And I'm not allowed to even apply for subsidy until I've lived every day of
five years in the unit I'm in.
The office manager tried to get the City to cut me some slack, but they told
her no.
So I'll apply here too, but my chances are better in Oshawa.
I don't know a soul there, but the office manager says the people she deals
with down there are wonderful.

So, that's what's been draining my energy lately: worry about this market
rent situation, waiting for my turn while my rent increases each year, and
deteriorating health.
Between the pain, the meds, the worry, and the isolation, I haven't much to
give to my writing.
It feels like as my body grows more dysfunctional, my abilities leach out
one by one, till there's not but a blank left.
To top it off, I'm only 51. Nothing I have is terminal. I could go on like
this for decades.

Sorry if I've ranted.
Thanks for listening, Vejas.
Thea