[stylist] Word Help

llambert at zoominternet.net llambert at zoominternet.net
Fri Nov 17 23:10:13 UTC 2017

Diction?

-----Original Message-----
From: stylist [mailto:stylist-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Barbara
HAMMEL via stylist
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2017 10:47 AM
To: stylist at nfbnet.org
Cc: Barbara HAMMEL <poetlori8 at msn.com>
Subject: [stylist] Word Help

I'm writing a poem and I need help with a word. I think it's usually called
your voice when you choose what kind of vocabulary you want to use like
whether you will choose big, fancy words, or small words or will you write
whimsically or angrily. I don't think "lexicon" works but I can't think of a
better word because voice is too vague for this, at least right now. If it
helps painting is the metaphor I am using for writing. Barbara Hammel