[Stylist] The April Fool

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Sat Apr 7 13:43:37 UTC 2018

Hey Bill,

I like this. Thanks for sharing.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Stylist [mailto:stylist-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Bill Outman
via Stylist
Sent: Saturday, April 7, 2018 12:15 AM
To: 'Writers' Division Mailing List'
Cc: Bill Outman
Subject: [Stylist] The April Fool

I have been laying low for a while, so I thought I would share something
appropriate to the season that uses a couple different styles.  I started
this in some other year, I don't remember when, and left it alone.  Then I
was inspired differently this year, so that's how it got put together in two
pieces.

Bill Outman

The April Fool

It is said there was once an April Fool. He was not just the victim of a
cruel joke, but often blundered about, making mistakes.  He had squandered
advice an opportunity throughout the previous winter, thus hitting the
bottom by spring.

By harvest time he had become the  October Sage.  His wisdom would prosper
him throu the winter, sustaining him all the way to the following year's
planting time.

I can quote what he candidly said

When he decided to change his fate.

He realized that while living he was really dead.

And needed to go from terrible to great.

"I once was the April Fool,

But decided to turn the page.

I learned to follow a new rule,

Thus I became the October Sage.

With faith and wise works I will engage.

Whenever possible I will be kind.

For when I don't, 'tis myself I enrage.

By making this change, peace I will finally find."