[Stylist] DLD Publishing And

David Russell david.sonofhashem at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 19:57:14 UTC 2018

Hi Mark and others,

As a totally blind author, I am envious of your past experience, and
would publish my autobio and my past works if I absolutely knew it
could be done..

The operative word is absolutely.

I have a friend who is familiar with blind screen reading software,
especially NVDA, works for the company that produces Ed2Go, and knows
something about web accessibility and how to make their website
accessible for blind users. Part of the issue according to her is
complicated by standards set within the ADA (Americans with
Disabilities) and another acronym, WCAG.

Anyhow, when publishing my anthology last year on SmashWords she
advised sighted assist because there is too much within the process
that could go awry for a blind person to do it on their own first time
through.

Our friend Thea says Amazon and such are not accessible, and I assume,
like me, she is totally blind making that claim.

Yes, DLD is convenient, but it is an 'affordable' means for one who is
working, to get a book published compared to some freelancer prices. I
would rather do it myself, yes, but until the certainty is there, I
will not.

We don't even have a decent place to go that I know of for tech
support when needed. Ask the typical blind person how they do
something, and you get, I just did it.
That sure explains a lot.

My hat is off to you, and folks like you. And congrats on that
magazine publication too!

Cheers,

--
David Russell